The refugee crisis shows we can’t be isolated from the world’s geopolitical troubles. Emmanuel Macron
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. Lao Tzu
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading. Lao Tzu
When the leaders choose to make themselves bidders at an auction of popularity, their talents, in the construction of the state, will be of no service. They will become flatterers instead of legislators; the instruments, not the guides, of the people. Edmund Burke
This is a short note on the recent Helsinki US and Russian bilateral talks. The media has had a field day being negative about Donald Trump at that meeting. As usual, they listen to what he says but ignore what he actually does.
In fact, Trump has been very hard on Russia –
- The US bombed Syria airfields. It has been reported in the press that over 100 mercenary Russian soldiers were killed.
- The US has been berating NATO to up its anti-to the 2% that they agree to. Where is this money going? It is going to defend them from Russia.
- Trump has instituted sanctions against a select group of oligarchs in Russia. These are Putin’s friends. Many had a direct role in killing Russian whistleblower, Sergie Magnitsky.
- Trump is sending actual armaments to the Ukraine. Obama only set humanitarian aid.
- Russia took out $100K of internet ads out against Hillary during the campaign. This is nothing in the perspective of billions being spent on the campaign. The phrase “Much ado about nothing” comes to mind.
Russia is the only nation on earth that can destroy the United States. China cannot because it does not have delivery capability. North Korea cannot because they just do not have the resources. Accordingly, it is wise for Donald Trump to try to make peace with the Russian leader, Putin. He knows that the Democrats are pushing for open confrontation, which could lead to war. He does not want that so he is trying to calm things down. This is good policy for the United States. He did it well.
Another major hit at Russia is what Donald Trump did with Angela Merkel in Germany. He called Germany a satell
ite of Russia. This infuriated the Germans because it is accurate. The $5 billion Russian pipeline coming into Germany paid for by Russia will put Germany and the rest of Europe at Russia’s mercy during their cold winters… He held up the gas in the Ukraine until he got what he wanted. He understands the power that he has with that pipeline. It is more important than the southern pipeline through the Ukraine because this is all of Europe. Our press has stopped thinking and is just repeating slogans against Trump. Look at a map of pipelines from Russia to Europe and see for yourself what is happening.
There is another major headache that Trump has – – – -US. Corporate debt. It is about $4Trillion and is coming due. The FED plans to increase interest rates two times more in 2018. This debt may not be refinancible. This will happen on his watch over the next two years. This could lead to the failure of the US dollar and the creation of another global currency, probably the SDR. This is another discussion but it is looming as an obstacle to his paying for the infrastructure rebuilding that he wants in the US.
He needs a stable dollar that can be accessed for the infrastructure rebuilding